Thank you Tasty for today’s recipe!
- 1 medium sweet potato, roasted, peeled
- 15 oz white bean, 1 can, drained, rinsed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- canola oil (I use the spray instead of actual order to save points.
- chipotle mayo (optional, not included in point total)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350˚F/180˚C.
- In a large bowl, add the roasted sweet potato, white beans, onion, parsley, lemon juice, and seasonings.
- Using a potato masher, mash the ingredients until thoroughly mixed together.
- Once mashed, add the bread crumbs and mix them in.
- In a pan, heat a small amount of oil over medium heat. Add the patties and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Place patties on buns, and top with chipotle mayo, avocado, and red onion.
As I start cooking more and more from scratch, I findI need to get organized in the kitchen. Tossed out the spices which have been there since the age of time and am starting fresh. Containers instead of bags tossed on shelves makes it so much easier to find things Organize your pantry so you can find things AND you know what is there. I am forever buying new stuff because I couldn’t find something.
Did you know the Your Way organizing products are the customer special this month at Thirty One? Check them out at our Facebook “Get Organized in 2018” event for more tips and tricks.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
“You will never want to eat frozen veggie burgers again. These are so easy, and you’ll be proud to have created such a vegetarian delight.”
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 onion, cut into wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce or hot sauce
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- If grilling, preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. If baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and lightly oil a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
- In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, cumin, and chili sauce.
- Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into four patties.
- If grilling, place patties on foil, and grill about 8 minutes on each side. If baking, place patties on baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side.
Thank you to AllRecipes.com for today’s Tasty Tuesday. I can’t wait to make some of these. I will need to use gluten-free bread crumbs but it will still be YUMMY, I am sure.
Let me know what you think if you try these out. Don’t forget if you have a favorite recipe, I would love to share it with my readers. Use the form below:
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!