Thank you Hungry Girl for another AWESOME recipe. I am such a soup girl when the weather gets cold. I usually need to be warmed up AND it is so easy to heat and make when dinner is just me while hubby is at work. I like to create my own “concoctions” with things I have on hand so trying new recipes is always fun. Hungry Girl helps us to spice up our life with a bowlful of this hearty soup! Flavor, fiber, and all that protein — poultry power!!
1/10th of recipe (about 1 cup): 163 calories, 1.5g total fat (0.5g sat fat), 654mg sodium, 18.5g carbs, 3g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 18.5g protein. MAKES 10 SERVINGS. Freestyle™ SmartPoints® value 2*
2 – 14.5-oz. cans (about 3 1/2 cups) fat-free chicken broth
15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
14.75-oz. can cream-style corn
1 cup chopped red bell pepper (about 1 pepper)
1 cup chopped onion (about 1/2 onion)
2 tbsp. chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (about 2 peppers)
1/2 cup plain light soymilk
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1 1/2 lb. raw boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
1/2 tsp. each salt and black pepper
1/2 cup instant mashed potato flakes
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a slow cooker, combine broth, beans, corn, bell pepper, onion, chipotle peppers, soymilk, garlic, and cumin. Stir well.
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper and place in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3 – 4 hours or on low for 7 – 8 hours.
- Transfer chicken to a bowl. Shred with two forks — one to hold chicken in place and the other to scrape across the meat and shred.
- Stir shredded chicken into the soup in the slow cooker. Stir in potato flakes, sour cream, and cilantro. Enjoy!
NOTE: HG Alternative! Skip the chipotle peppers for a deliciously mild chicken chowder. Although I LOVE spicy, I will probably skip the peppers this time around.
This is an AWESOME hearty lunch on those chilly days…..What’s the perfect way to take your lunch to work? That’s right – one of Thirty One’s thermal totes is the correct answer. The Around the Clock Thermal is one of our most versatile thermal totes. It is great for lunch or snacks anytime, anywhere—work, school, festivals, road trips, pool, beach, golf course, boating or sporting events. The water-resistant thermal lining keeps contents cool and makes cleanup easier. If you need a visual for size – think a six-pack of soda! Yes, it will fit in it and still have some room at the top for some more snacks. A removable shoulder strap means you can carry it any number of ways, including as a crossbody for hands-free movement. An interior mesh pocket and exterior front zipper pocket provide separate storage options when needed. Makes a great gift for friends, neighbors, kids, teachers and everyone else on the go!
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
This simple and delicious Keto Pizza Bake will win over your pizza loving family!
Weight Watchers Smart Points: 4
- 3 Large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 12 tbsp. Low carb Marinara sauce
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese (for WW use part skim cheese)
- 24 Pepperoni slices
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the three chicken breasts in half lengthwise to create 6 pieces of chicken.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoon of garlic powder evenly over both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Add ½ teaspoon of basil to each side of the chicken breasts.
- Apply salt and pepper to taste to each side of the chicken.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet has come to temperature, add the chicken breasts. Sear them for 1-2 minutes on each side without moving, so that they get some good color.
- Place the chicken breasts in a single layer in a casserole dish or other baking pan with high sides.
- Cover each piece of chicken breast with two tablespoons of a low carb marinara sauce. You can substitute this with any other low carb pasta or pizza sauce of your choosing, just make sure that sugar is not in the ingredients.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over top of the chicken breasts.
- Top each chicken breast with four slices of pepperoni.
- Bake the chicken for 30-40 minutes or until the toppings have browned, and the chicken is cooked through.
Have leftovers? Why not take them to work with you the next day? Why not try Thirty One’s NEW Lunch Break Thermal Ltd? I know the LunchBreak Thermal is NOT new but this style is…. You can elevate your style with one of our popular lunch thermals in sophisticated fabrics and finishes. Perfectly sized and styled for packing lunch and snacks for work or travel, our roomy insulated cooler bag has a water-resistant thermal lining, zipper closure, extended handle for ease of carrying and chic cotton fabrics. I love the feather personalization because it reminds me of angel wings…. What would your lunch tote say?
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
Thank you Weight Watchers for a YUMMY, gluten free recipe.. Sweet summer corn can’t be beat. Highlight it in this chowder along with buttery Yukon Gold potatoes and smoky Canadian bacon. I can’t wait to pick up some corn from the farmer’s market this week. Thompson Farms has the BEST, non-GMO corn around.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4 SmartPoints™ value: 3 Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.
- 1 medium uncooked Yukon gold potato(es) 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 4 piece(s) corn, kernels removed with a knife
- 1 small sweet red pepper(s), diced
- ½ cup(s) uncooked celery, chopped
- ¼ cup(s) uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 4 oz uncooked Canadian bacon, diced
- 2 cup(s) fat free skim milk
- ½ tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 2 medium uncooked scallion(s), thickly sliced
1. Pierce potato in several places with a fork; microwave on high power until tender, turning over once, about 8 minutes. Allow to cool; peel and mash.
2. Meanwhile, coat a large saucepan with cooking spray. Add corn, red pepper, celery and onion; sauté over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
3. Stir bacon and milk into saucepan; stir in mashed potato and mix well. Season with salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; stir to combine. Cover and simmer 10 minutes (do not allow to boil); serve garnished with scallions.
Making a batch and don’t have 4 people to share it with? Why not take it for lunch? ThirtyOne’s lunch thermals are on special this month… One of my favorites it the Crossbody Thermal Tote. Thirty One turned one of our most popular personal lunch thermals into a crossbody! Stay on-trend at the office or school with our fashionable and functional Crossbody Thermal Tote. Webbed handles plus a long, adjustable strap give you three ways to carry your snacks and drinks in style. Or give it as the perfect teacher’s gift! Choose personalization to make it even more special. You can get yours before the end of the month for just $10 with a $35 purchase. Stock up for school.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
I don’t know about you but I get tired of chicken! I love there are “zero” points because I am now eating more protein but it can be boring! Thank you Hungry Girl for another yummy recipe!
Entire recipe: 272 calories, 8.5g total fat (3.5g sat fat), 633mg sodium, 6g carbs, 1g fiber, 2.5g sugars, 40.5g protein Freestyle™ SmartPoints® value 2*
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 10 minutes MAKES 1 SERVING
5 oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlet
Dash each salt and black pepper
1/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion powder
3 tbsp. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
4 slices turkey pepperoni (optional: roughly chopped)
Optional seasonings: additional salt and black pepper
Optional toppings: crushed red pepper, fresh oregano
- Evenly pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook chicken for 3 – 4 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce, combine these ingredients in a small bowl: crushed tomatoes, garlic powder, and onion powder. If you like, add salt and pepper. Mix well.
- While still in the skillet, top chicken with sauce, and sprinkle with cheese. Top with pepperoni.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes, or until sauce is hot and cheese has melted.
Why not make extra for lunch this week? Freeze the leftovers and enjoy them heated up with your favorite side salad. No better way to take lunch to work but in a Thirty One Thermal. Did you know ThirtyOne had a NEW Crossbody Thermal Tote?
One of our most popular personal lunch thermals is now a crossbody! Stay on-trend at the office or school with our fashionable and functional Crossbody Thermal Tote cooler bag. Webbed handles plus a long, adjustable strap give you three ways to carry your snacks and drinks in style. Or give it as the perfect teacher’s gift! Choose personalization to make it even more special. AND a steal at just $20
Have a recipe you want to share? Send me an email and if we use if in the blog, you will receive a FREE gift as a thank you.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!