Today’s recipe is courtesy of Hungry Girl. The actual name of the brownie is “secret-ingredient” fudge brownie BUT I figured you would’t check it out if you knew there was a secret ingredient. LOL. I’m trying to get back on track but I do love my sweets. I never remember craving them this much but lately it has been really bad! The best part about this recipe is I can make it gluten free with almond flour.
NUTRITION FACTS: 1/9th of pan (1 brownie): 107 calories, 2g total fat (1g sat fat), 190mg sodium, 23g carbs, 5.5g fiber, 4g sugars, 5.5g protein
Freestyle™ SmartPoints® value 2* MAKES: 9 servings
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 30 minutes Cool: 1 hour
- One 15-oz. can cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1/4 cup (about 2 large) egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Truvia spoonable no-calorie sweetener (or another natural brand that’s about twice as sweet as sugar)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8” X 8” baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Place all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor. Puree until completely smooth and uniform.
- Fold in 1 tbsp. chocolate chips. Spread mixture into the baking pan, and smooth out the top.
- Evenly top with remaining 2 tbsp. chocolate chips, and lightly press into the batter.
- Bake until a toothpick (or knife) inserted into the center comes out mostly clean, 25 – 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely, about 1 hour.
Want to take these yummy treats on the road? What better way than with a Thirty One thermal. First up is the Cool Zip Snacker a perfect size to keep one of these yummy brownies from melting in the summer heat. The best part is they are in the Summer Sale-a-bration and are only $8 (while they last). Kids love snacks, and the Cool Zip Snacker makes it fun for them to enjoy their favorites! Available in two-themed characters, our snacker is food safe and reusable. The water-resistant thermal lining and polyester shell are hand-washable and easy to care for.
Looking for something a little bigger? Why not try the Thermal Tote? This is one of our most popular items, the Thermal Tote is the perfect-sized lunch bag for work, school, play dates, sporting events, golf outings, fishing trips or travel. The thermal lining and zipper closure help keep your food cool or warm, while an exterior pocket is the perfect place to keep your cell phone, wallet or other important small items. Also makes a great gift for your kids’ teachers, tutors and babysitters, or your coworkers, neighbors and friends!
Share a recipe with us and if I post it, you will get some AWESOME happy mail from me. Let’s us know what you think about this recipe.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!