Today is Thankful Thursday. I know the rest of the social media world thinks of today as “Throwback Thursday” but today I want to be “thankful”.
I am thankful for:
- My Mom who loves me unconditionally
- Being a child of divorce
- My loving hubby
- Being a mom
- My guardian angels who always guide me
- A family who supports me despite my faults and bad decisions
- Mistakes I made in high school which changed my life
- Mistakes I made in college which shaped my future
- The variety of jobs as I looked for me
- The friends who have come for a season and those who have stayed
- My addiction
- My relapse and recovery
- My lack of confidence
- My business and its roller coaster journey
- My weightloss struggle
- My love of writing
- My passion for helping others
- My rocky walk with God
- My MS
- The rocky and winding road to find myself
- and al of the other good, bad and ugly parts of my life
My life has not been perfect, but today, I am deciding to view it through the lens of thankfulness and gratitude. For it is those things which have helped to shape me. It is those imperfections which have helped me to become the woman I am today. Some days those same things take me on a dark journey of negativity BUT today is NOT one of them.
TODAY, I am thankful for the struggles because without them I would not be able to make a difference in the life of someone else. I would not be able to be compassionate. I would not have the desire to make others smile.
TODAY, I am thankful for a loving God who not only has forgiven me for my mistakes but continues to guide me. I have faith and trust with Him, all things are possible.
So, what are you thankful for today? Share with us and let’s celebrate our imperfections together.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
It is FRIDAY! Are you doing the happy dance?
This has been a busy AHA week for me that hopefully will push me forward in all areas of my life. For years, everyone has told me that I am my own worst enemy, can any of you relate? Have you ever felt like the biggest obstacle to moving forward in ANYTHING (weight loss, business, life) has been YOU! Has the self-doubt caused you to be stuck? Here are some things that I have tried this week that may help you:
- Stop comparing yourself. This is HUGE! I talk about it ALOT that the comparison game kept me stuck. In the past, it has stolen my joy. In my weightless journey, it has actually caused me to gain a few pounds back. How do you come so far and then let a simple comparison throw you off track? In my business, it was the “never be as good as” comparison that had me doing things like everyone else even when it wasn’t working for me. I figured if they were at the top, I would be if I copied them. The problem was there were other factors that came into play. Your path is your own, it’s going to have so many ups and downs and highs and lows but it’s yours to embrace and enjoy. I’m learning to embrace mine, to trust in the process, and know that my success isn’t defined in comparison to someone else’s.
- Remove negativity. Everyone knows that Negative Nellie is one of my ongoing love-hate relationships. There are days when she motivates me to prove her wrong while on other days, it is her negativity that keeps me stuck. I have been working hard with a counselor/life coach to remove negativity from my life. I am not advocating that everyone get a counselor but I am suggesting that you make a conscious effort to leave behind anything in my life that just drags me down – people, habits, or just your own negative thought process. I want you to choose to embrace positivity and quit wasting time indulging in the negative sides of life. Life is too short.
- Silence that voice in your head. We all have that little voice, right? Admit it, that is the first step. It is the one that tells you that you’re not good enough, and the one that tells you that you’re a fraud and that you have nothing of value to offer the world. Hit the “RESET” button now! You have to believe in yourself. How many of us create work we’re passionate about and then second guess ourselves so we either don’t share it with others or we don’t ooze passion. It’s okay to not feel confident 100% of the time, but it’s up to us to move past that and know that we owe it to ourselves to stand by our life, our choices, and our work every step of the way. Are you ready to stand by your life choices?
- Stop wasting time. Do you avoid doing things? Do you fear that someone will say no when you ask them to book a party or join your team, so you don’t pick up the phone? I always say I am busy but I am sometimes just wasting time so that I don’t have to open myself up to my fear of not being good enough. So quit wasting time. Start that project, make those plans, and believe in yourself every step of the way. Whether it’s work related, or a life experience you’ve been putting off for a while – quit the excuses, feel the fear and don’t look back, and make it happen for yourself.
So who is ready to LEAP into the weekend and overcome your obstacles?
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
“If you do well, will not your countenance be lifted up? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door; and its desire is for you, but you must master it.” Genesis 4:7 (NASB)
OUCH! That is the response I had when I read this verse this morning. I needed a wake up call. I feel like I say that a lot but Satan always seems to be sitting outside my door waiting for just a crack to open so he can get in.
I have struggled on my weight maintenance journey. Tracking has been none existent. Activity is getting better but still not moving as much as I would like.
Temptations always seem to be there. Things that never really mattered seem to be calling my name. The tootsie rolls and caramels that sit on the counter at my part-time job. The homemade muffins from the little deli on the way to work. The mindless eating while sitting at home at night. All things that allow sin to enter into my life causing havoc not only in my maintenance journey but also seeping into other areas of my life.
The best way to master temptation is to have a plan to avoid it! Really? Like that is a no-brainer. My problem is my plan has included the temptations. Some where in my head things got jumbled. The plan allowed for sin with lots of justifications.
So today starts a new plan for weight maintenance….
- NO stopping at the deli on the way to work. I will leave a few minutes later which means no time to stop at the deli
- NO more packing “just in case” snacks in my thermal for work.
- Avoid the candy that sits on the counter at work. This one could be a little tougher since it is for the customers BUT I am going to do it. I will STOP and count to 10 before I grab a piece. Hopefully that will be enough time to let the plan to NOT eat it sink in.
- I will start tracking again TODAY everything I eat… no matter what.
I made a plan about overspending – I cut up ALL my credit cards. I am working on a budget which isn’t always easy but I know it will pay off in the end. I catch myself when temptation comes and I STOP! Why is it so hard to control temptation with food?
When we don’t make a plan to keep out of trouble, the sin that crouches at our door will often be too hard to resist!
I had a plan when I entered into recovery. It worked – 24 + years later, I am still drug free. It was a struggle in the beginning when times were tough but I did it.
Just for today, I am going to STOP and ask God for HIS plan to keep me out of trouble and away from temptation. I will TRUST and BELIEVE that I can do this.
“No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.” 1 Corinthians 10:13
What is YOUR one temptation that you need to make a plan to avoid? Let’s ENCOURAGE each other on this journey.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
I don’t know about you but I LOVE to celebrate when I achieve a goal. From weight loss goals to business goals to achieving an incentive from Thirty One. I LOVE setting goals and achieving them.
Have you ever fell short of your goal? Let’s be honest, we all have at one time or another, right? What happens then? Do you beat yourself up? Do you wallow in the negative with Negative Nellie? I do sometimes until I STOP and hit the PAUSE button. Yes, that is my new thing when I am heading into that downward spiral of negativity. Believe it or not, it works.
I know, where is all of this leading right? Well, we just finished an amazing incentive period with Thirty One. An opportunity to earn over $500 in FREE NEW Spring products in the first 15 days of December.
I set a goal to earn it ALL. I fell short and as a result earned
So, just for a moment I didn’t give myself credit for what I had done – I wanted to beat myself up for what I didn’t accomplish. Ready to compare what I had done to what the rest of my team (or other consultants) had accomplished. Now, I am CELEBRATING my accomplishment and looking for new opportunities to reach my next goal which is some more FREE product AND a FREE trip to Rivisria Maya. Who wants to join me?
Thank you Jody for helping to each week to learn how to change this thinking. I am seeing success in everything that I do – no matter how small. Celebrating the little victories every single day in my personal life and my business.
- If you got up on time, got dressed and all before 8am (or whatever your goal is) – CELEBRATE!
- If you picked up the phone to make a Customer Care call, even though you only left a voice mail – CELEBRATE!
- If you composed an email blast and sent it out to all your past hostesses to book parties because your calendar is empty- CELEBRATE!
- If you lost .2 on the scale this week (a stick of butter) – CELEBRATE!
- If you exercised at all (even for 15 minutes) this week – CELEBRATE!
- If you said “NO” to a second helping or more dessert – CELEBRATE!
When you find success in every action you do, you will create a better result with each new action.
So, what are YOU going to CELEBRATE today?
#thirtyone, #partywithHope, #celebrate, #readysetsell, #joinmyteam, #RaysofHOPE