The best laid plans go out the door….. Remember when I said that hubby and I were scheduling office hours for me? That worked great for about two weeks THEN we didn’t compare our schedules. For some reason this week has been a struggle. The lack of accountability to my hubby seemed to throw me into a tail spin. Was it that or could I blame it on some health issues? Either way, I don’t feel as productive as I have the past two weeks.
I saw a great blog by Traci Bild who I actually had the privilege to meet at the Mom Grows a Business Conference. She talked about the “7 Truths that Women are Afraid to Share“. Here awesome excerpts, see if any of them apply to you:
1. We’re Guilty, like ALL the time: WOW! I thought I was the only one that del like this, so nice to know that I am not alone. Most of the time, I just feel guilty about silly stuff – according to hubby. The word “sorry” is something that I say a lot and most of the time it is for stuff that I can’t even do anything about.
2. We WORRY about EVERYTHING: There is never enough time in the day and no matter how hard you try, you will never get everything done. There is simply too much to do. Is your To Do List way too long with things that could probably be done with the help of others?
3. We’re Letting our Health Slip: Thankfully, I don’t have a serious illness but I do let my health concerns slip. After nursing hubby back to health last year, I focus on him and his appointments. The thing is when he starts to focus on health concerns he has for me, I just push them away saying “I am fine”. Sound familiar?
4. Our Work-Life Balance Looks Like a 2-year-old on a Balance Beam: A nice term, most women simply can’t strike it. So busy living life, you don’t have time to work ON your life and find ways to create balance. I LOVE this as a recovering workaholic. My feeble attempt to work on this balance was to take the notifications off of my phone so the only time it “rings” is for an actually call OR a text message. Novel concept huh?
5. Our love lives are on the Back Burner: GUILTY! Enough said.
6. We are in Constant Comparison Mode: From my ability to maintain my goal weight, to the amount of dust bunnies taking up residence behind the couch to my business compared to others…this is me to the hilt! Social media plays a factor in this craziness for me which is why I have left groups, unfollower people and just try to limit my time on Facebook. Forget about the other forms of social media, I don’t even check them. Spend more time living your life than watching others live theirs.
7. We’re Still Not Happy!: The end result is that people are not happy. While women have more opportunity than ever before, we are more unhappy than at any other time in history. You have the power to create happiness but that requires tough decisions, laser focus on your priorities and standing by them at all cost.
So, how many of these truths are you? Let’s be honest with each other…Just for today, I am going to focus on me, my business and spend some quality time with hubby (who took an extra day off).
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!